1. SCOPE OF TERMS & CONDITIONS
Unless otherwise indicated, these Terms and Conditions of Service (“Terms & Conditions”) apply to (i) your use of and/or access to the fount.bio website and/or other websites (collectively, “Website”) which are owned or operated by Kitt Bio, Inc. dba Fount or its affiliates (collectively, “Fount”, “we,” “us,” or “our”), including any portions thereof available only to subscribers, and (ii) your use of and/or access to the mobile phone applications which we may own or operate currently or in the future (collectively, the “Mobile App”) and (iii) your use of and or access to any content or information and other online or mobile-enabled technology, digital tools and other services and products provided by us (together with the Website and the Mobile App, collectively, the “Services”). For purposes of these Terms & Conditions, “affiliates” shall mean any entity or person, directly or indirectly, owning a controlling interest in, owned by, or under common ownership control with, Fount. The term “Mobile App” shall refer to both the Basic Service and Premium Services (hereinafter defined).
IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO BE OR CANNOT BE BOUND BY ALL OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION THE FOLLOWING AGREEMENT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT, THEN DO NOT ACCESS, BROWSE OR USE THE SERVICES. MOREOVER, FOUNT DOES NOT AND WILL NOT GRANT YOU ANY RIGHT OR LICENSE TO ACCESS, BROWSE OR THE SERVICES WITHOUT YOUR WILLINGNESS AND ABILITY TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
IF YOU DO NOT ABIDE BY THE PROVISIONS OF THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS, EXCEPT AS WE MAY OTHERWISE PROVIDE FROM TIME TO TIME, YOU AGREE THAT WE MAY IMMEDIATELY DEACTIVATE OR DELETE YOUR USER ACCOUNT AND ALL RELATED INFORMATION AND FILES IN YOUR USER ACCOUNT AND/OR RESTRICT ANY FURTHER ACCESS TO SUCH INFORMATION AND/OR FILES, OR OUR SERVICES, WITH OR WITHOUT NOTICE.
You must exercise caution, good sense and sound judgment in using the Services. You are prohibited from violating, or attempting to violate, the security of the Services. Any such violations may result in criminal and/or civil penalties against you. Fount will investigate any alleged or suspected violations and if a criminal violation is suspected, we may contact and/or cooperate with law enforcement agencies in their investigations.
2. AGREEMENT AND ACKNOWLEDGEMENT
a. User Agreement. By using the Services, you accept these Terms & Conditions and agree to be legally bound and to abide by the terms, conditions, and notices contained or referenced herein, just as if you had signed them.
b. Changes to Terms & Conditions. From time to time, we may, in our sole discretion, change, modify, supplement or remove portions of these Terms & Conditions (“Additional Terms”). Such Additional Terms shall become effective upon posting by the Company on the Website, the Mobile App, via the Service or sending you an email or other notification. You will be deemed to have agreed to such Additional Terms by your decision to continue accessing the Mobile App or the Website or otherwise using any of the Services following the date in which such Additional Terms become effective.
c. Modification of Services. In our sole discretion and without prior notice or liability, we may discontinue, modify or alter any aspect of the Services provided to you, including, but not limited to, (i) restricting the time the Services are available, (ii) restricting the amount of use permitted, (iii) restricting or terminating any user’s right to use the Services and (iv) changing any feature or functionality provided by the Services. You agree that any termination or cancellation of your access to, or use of, the Services may be effected without prior notice. Further, you agree that we shall not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination or cancellation of your access to, or use of, our Services.
d. Downloading Mobile App. You may access the Mobile App which can be downloaded from an applications store or applications distribution platform, such as the Apple Mobile App Store or Google Play, (the “Mobile App Provider”). You acknowledge and agree that: (i) these Terms & Conditions are entered into between us, and not with the Mobile App Provider, and that we are solely responsible for the Mobile App (not the Mobile App Provider); (ii) the Mobile App Provider has no obligation to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Mobile App; (iii) the Mobile App Provider is not responsible for addressing any claims you have or any claims of any third party relating to the Mobile App or your possession and use of the Mobile App, including, but not limited to: (a) product liability claims; (b) any claim that the Mobile App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (c) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation; (iv) in the event of any third party claim that the Mobile App or your possession and use of that Mobile App infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, we will be responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by these Terms & Conditions; (v) the Mobile App Provider and its subsidiaries are third party beneficiaries of these Terms & Conditions as it relates to your license of the Mobile App, and that, upon your acceptance of these Terms & Conditions, the Mobile App Provider will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these Terms & Conditions as related to your license of the Mobile App against you as a third party beneficiary thereof; and (vi) you must also comply with all applicable third party terms of service when using the Services.
We do not permit individuals under 18 years of age to become registered users of our Services. By using the Services, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age and have the right, authority and capacity to enter into these Terms & Conditions and to abide by the terms and conditions of these Terms & Conditions.
4. SUBSCRIPTIONS; BECOMING A PREMIUM SERVICE USER
Our Services consist of Premium Service and typically requires a fee, which is either paid (i) by the user (“Personal Premium Service”) or (ii) by a third party on behalf of the user (“Business Premium Service”).
You are responsible for all charges and fees associated with connecting to and using the Website and/or Mobile App, including without limitation all telephone access lines (including mobile data and data roaming charges, when applicable), telephone and/or internet service provider fees, telephone and computer equipment, sales taxes and any other fees and charges necessary to access our Website and/or Mobile App.
5. FEES, RENEWAL, CANCELLATIONS & REFUND POLICIES
If you are a subscriber to our Premium Service, you further agree as follows:
a. Agreement to Pay.
(i) Personal Premium Service. If you are a Personal Premium Service User, you will be responsible for the fixed and periodic charges and fees (including prepayment plan fees for multiple periods or recurring monthly fees) you selected at the time of subscription. Applicable taxes, and other charges and fees incurred in order to access the Premium Services may also apply.
(ii) Business Premium Service. Business Premium Services are generally purchased by our third party commercial or individual customers (“Business Customers”) for a specified period. In such instance, your access to Premium Service has been paid for by our Business Customer, and you will be able to use Business Premium Service features until the expiration of a specified term agreed between Fount and such Business Customer.
b. Auto-Renewal. Unless your Premium Services have been paid for by one of our Business Customers, your Premium Service membership will automatically be extended for successive renewal periods of the same duration selected at the time of your purchase, at the then-current non-promotional subscription rate. Until you cancel, we will charge or debit your payment method at the beginning of your subscription. Your non-cancellation of the Premium Services or continued use of the paid subscription features of the Premium Service will reaffirm that we are authorized to charge you. If your credit or debit account has been closed or your payment method is otherwise invalid, your subscription may not renew and your subscription will be automatically downgraded to the Basic Service effective as of the end of your current billing cycle. The renewal charge will generally be the same as the prior period’s charge, unless we notify you in advance at the time of sign up or prior to the beginning of the renewal period as described above. If (i) you purchased a multiple-period prepayment plan or (ii) you were eligible for a promotional rate but are no long eligible for that rate, then your subscription will be offered to renew your subscription at our then-current non-promotional subscription rates at the start of the renewal period. If you wish to renew and we are currently offering promotional rates at such time, you must renew your subscription prior to the termination of your current plan. If you fail to renew your subscription for any Premium Services before its scheduled expiration date, then the then-current non-promotional subscription rate will apply.
c. Cancellation of Personal Premium Service Subscription. You can cancel your subscription for our Premium Services at any time by contacting your coach directly, or by such other means as we may provide from time to time. We will attempt to process all cancellation requests within 72 hours after we receive your request. We reserve the right to collect fees, surcharges, or costs incurred before your cancellation takes effect. If you terminate your paid subscription for Premium Service, your subscription will remain active until the end of your then-current subscription period. Data is retained after cancellation for a period of six (6) days. If you sign back up for Premium Services after that time frame, your previous data will not be available.
d. No Refund Policy.
(i) All fees and charges assessed by Fount are non-refundable.
(ii) If you terminate your paid subscription for Premium Service, your subscription will remain active until the end of your subscription period, and no subsequent charges will be processed.
e. Membership through Business Customers. For Business Premium Services users, the Business Customer paying for your Business Premium Service subscription controls such an account (which may be different from your personal account) and may terminate your access to it. You agree that we will not be liable to you or any third-party for any termination or cancellation of your access to, or use of, our Premium Services that were originally provided to you by such Business Customer. If your had Business Premium Service subscriptions paid through a Business Customer but you are no longer eligible to receive such benefit from the Business Customer, it is also possible that your Business Premium Service account will terminate with us, and you will have to sign up for a new account.
f. Modifications. We reserve the right to revise the terms of the fee charge, cancellation and refund policies, upon reasonable advance notice communicated to you through a posting on the Website and/or Mobile App or such other means as we may deem appropriate from time to time (including electronic mail or conventional mail). Changes made may not apply to all memberships created or renewed after the date such change was implemented at Fount’s sole discretion, and you will be notified it they apply to you.
6. USER ACCOUNT AND SECURITY
In connection with your use of certain features of the Services, you will be required to complete a registration form. You represent and warrant that all user information you provide on the registration form or otherwise in connection with your use of the Services will be current, complete and accurate. As a registered user of the Services, you are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your user account information. You may not use the account or user name of any other member at any time. You must notify us immediately in the event of any known or suspected unauthorized use of your user account, or any known or suspected breach of security, including loss, theft, or unauthorized disclosure of your or anyone else’s user account information.
You are also entirely responsible for any and all activities which occur under your user account. We will not be liable for any loss that you incur as a result of someone else using your account, either with or without your knowledge. You may also be held liable for any losses incurred by Fount, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents and representatives due to someone else’s use of your account.
As a subscriber to our Premium Services, you further agree as follows:
b. One Account Per User. You agree not to register or subscribe for more than one account, create an account on behalf of someone else, or create a false or misleading identity on this Website. If your registration or subscription is revoked for any reason (other than in cases where you are switching over from Business Premium Services to Personal Premium Service and vice versa), you agree not to register or subscribe again with our Services using another user name or through any other means. If we have reason to suspect, in our sole discretion, that your account has previously been terminated, we reserve the right to terminate any new accounts you have registered without any notice to you, or to exercise any other remedies available to us under these Terms & Conditions or by law.
7. CONSENT TO RECEIVE ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS FROM FOUNT & BUSINESS CUSTOMERS
b. Service Announcements. In using the Services, you may receive periodic electronic communications from Fount regarding the Services, such as new product offers and other information regarding the Website and/or the Mobile App, which are part of the Services and which you cannot opt out of receiving.
c. Promotional Communications. You may also receive periodic promotions and other offers or materials Fount believes might be of interest to you. You can opt-out of receiving these promotional messages at any time by (a) following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each message; or (b) changing the messaging preferences in your account.
e. Withdrawing Your Consent. If you later decide that you do not want to receive future Communications electronically, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or a letter to Kitt Bio, Inc., Attention: Customer Service, 10000 Washington Blvd FL 6, Culver City, CA 90232. Your withdrawal of consent shall be effective within a reasonable time after we receive your withdrawal notice described above. Your withdrawal of consent will not affect the legal validity or enforceability of the Terms provided to, and electronically signed by, you prior to the effective date of your withdrawal. If you withdraw your consent to receive Communications electronically, we may terminate your account and/or access to the Service (or any part thereof).
8. PUBLIC FORUM; INFORMATION PROVIDED BY MEMBERS
b. Fount Group. As a subscriber to our Premium Services, you may be invited to join and participate in group discussions (“Fount Group”) with other Services users that may be designated as a Fount Group facilitator by Fount (such person or persons, collectively, the “Facilitators”) as well as a coach, who may be an employee or a contractor of Fount, personnel from an unaffiliated third party service provider or personnel from, or designated by, our Business Customer (such person, a “Coach”). Fount Group is a Public Forum, and by using the Fount Group, you may receive electronic communications, including group chat messages and/or private messages from Coaches, Facilitators and other Fount Group members who are members of the same Fount Group. Fount Group members can see your user id and public profile, but will not see your email address. If you do not wish to receive messages from other members, you should opt out of a Fount Group. Whether you transmit any user content via private messaging or group chat feature, you agree to abide by our community standards and conduct guidelines at all times. You further acknowledge that by providing you with the ability to distribute User Content in the discussion forums, we are acting as a passive conduit for such distribution and we are not undertaking any obligation or liability relating to any User Content or activity in any Public Forum, nor do we endorse any such User Content or activity. Although we reserve the right to monitor some, all, or no areas of the Services (including any discussion forum and Fount Group) for adherence to the community standards and conduct guidelines set forth above and to remove, without notice, any User Content for any reason, we have no obligation to review Content prior to the Content’s posting or to delete User Content that you may find objectionable or offensive. FOUNT DISCLAIMS ANY PERCEIVED, IMPLIED OR ACTUAL DUTY TO MONITOR PUBLIC FORUMS AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR INFORMATION PROVIDED THEREON.
c. Public Profile; Information Provided by Members. In order to join a Fount Group or access similar services that provide Public Forums or interactions with other members, you may be required to create public profiles, which may contain certain identifying information (such as age, profile photos, location, etc.). In addition, members have the option to post photographs, messages, videos and other information on their public profiles. Fount relies on its members to provide current and accurate information, and Fount does not, and cannot, investigate information contained in member public profiles. Accordingly, we must assume that information contained in each member public profile is current and accurate. FOUNT DOES NOT REPRESENT, WARRANT OR GUARANTEE THE CURRENCY OR ACCURACY OF PUBLIC PROFILE INFORMATION, AND HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY MEMBERS BY MEANS OF PUBLIC PROFILES OR OTHERWISE IN CONNECTION WITH THEIR USE OF THE SERVICES.
9. LIMITED LICENSE
Subject to your continued compliance with the Terms & Conditions, including without limitation the timely payment of all applicable fees, we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable, fully revocable, limited license to access and use our Services (whether through the Website or by downloading and installing the Mobile App, including any updates and bug fixes). Your use is limited for your personal, noncommercial use only.
The Services, or any portion thereof, may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, modified, sold, resold, distributed, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of Fount. Furthermore, except for the limited rights granted in this Section, you will not (and will not encourage or assist any third party to): (i) modify, alter, tamper with, repair or otherwise create derivative works of the Services or any software or technology included in or used or distributed by Fount to provide the Services; or (ii) reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile the Services, or attempt to discover or recreate the source code for the Services.
10. RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF CONTENT
You acknowledge that our Services contain content, information, software, photos, video, text, graphics, music, sounds, questions, creative suggestions, messages, comments, feedback, ideas, recipes, notes, drawings, articles and other materials (hereinafter defined) (collectively, “Content”) that are protected by copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets and/or other proprietary rights, and that these rights are valid and protected in all forms, media and technologies existing now or hereafter developed. All Content is copyrighted under the United States copyright laws (and, if applicable, similar foreign laws), and we own a copyright in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such Content. All trademarks appearing on the Services are trademarks of their respective owners. The Fount Marks (hereinafter defined) are tradename and the registered trademark and service mark of Kitt Bio, Inc.
Our commercial partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors, contractors and other third parties may also have additional proprietary rights in the Content which they make available on our Services. You may not modify, publish, transmit, distribute, perform, participate in the transfer or sale, create derivative works of, or in any way exploit, any of the Content, in whole or in part. When Content is downloaded to your computer, phone, tablet or any other mobile device, you do not obtain any ownership interest in such Content. Modification of the Content or use of the Content for any other purpose, including, but not limited to, use of any Content in printed form or on any other applications or networked computer environment is strictly prohibited unless you receive our prior written consent.
We may at any time suspend your use of the Services and/or remove or disable any Content as to which we reasonably and in good faith believe is in violation of any of these Terms & Conditions. We will provide you with notice of any such suspension or disablement before its implementation unless such suspension or disablement is necessary to comply with legal process, regulation, order or prevent imminent harm to the Services or any third party, in which case we will notify you to the extent allowed by applicable law of such suspension or disablement as soon as reasonably practicable thereafter.
11. FOOD INFORMATION
As part of the Services, Fount maintains food information that contains nutritional information entered by individuals other than Fount employees. Please be advised that nutritional information found in the Food Database has not been reviewed by persons with the expertise required to provide you with complete, accurate, or reliable information.
FOUNT DOES NOT (I) GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS, OR USEFULNESS OF ANY NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION IN THE FOOD DATABASE; OR (II) ADOPT, ENDORSE OR ACCEPT RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE ACCURACY OR RELIABILITY OF ANY SUCH NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL FOUNT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE RESULTING FROM YOUR RELIANCE ON NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION.
You are solely responsible for ensuring that any nutritional information in the Food Database is accurate, complete and useful. Nutritional information in the Food Database may not be reproduced, duplicated, copied, modified, sold, resold, distributed, visited, or otherwise exploited for any commercial purpose without the express written consent of Fount.
12. USER CONTENT
a. Definition. “User Content” is any content, materials or information (including without limitation, any text, information, graphics, messages, photos, images, nutritional information contributed to the our food database and works of authorship kind), data, questions, comments, suggestions or other content, including personally identifiable information that you upload, send, email, display, perform, distribute, post or otherwise transmit to us, at our request or on your own, on, or through the Services (such as message boards, recipe logging), whether in connection with your use of the Services or through the use of any Third Party Websites or Third Party Services or otherwise, and whether publicly posted or privately transmitted. However, this does not include health, wellness, medical, or psychological data, unless the user chooses to post this information in a forum that is public to other Fount users.
b. Agreement. You represent and warrant that, when using the Services, you will obey the law and respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Services is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property generally. You agree not to upload, post, transmit, display, perform or distribute any content, information or other materials in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights, or rights or publicity or privacy, or in violation of any applicable law or regulation.
YOU SHALL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY VIOLATIONS OF ANY LAWS AND FOR ANY INFRINGEMENTS OF THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS CAUSED BY YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES. YOU BEAR THE SOLE BURDEN OF PROVING THAT CONTENT, INFORMATION OR OTHER MATERIALS DO NOT VIOLATE ANY LAWS OR THIRD-PARTY RIGHTS.
c. Grant of License. You hereby grant Fount, its directors, officers, employees, agents, affiliates, representatives, service providers, partners, sublicensees, successors and assigns (collectively, the “Fount Parties”) a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, sublicensable, assignable, non-exclusive right (including any moral rights) and license (as well as consent) to use, license, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, transmit, edit, reformat, create derivative works from, distribute, derive revenue or other remuneration from, communicate to the public, perform, display and otherwise use any User Content (in whole or in part and with or without the use of your name) worldwide and/or to incorporate the User Content in other works in any form, media, or technology now known or later developed, for the full term of any copyrights, trademarks and other intellectual and proprietary rights (collectively, the “Rights”) that may exist in such User Content.
We are not responsible for maintaining a copy of any material we remove from our Services, and we are not liable for any loss you incur in the event that Content you post or transmit to our Services is removed.
Fount reserves the right to (i) remove, suspend, edit or modify any User Content in its sole discretion at any time, without notice to you and for any reason (including, but not limited to, upon receipt of claims or allegations from third parties or authorities relating to such User Content or if Fount is concerned that you may have violated these Terms & Conditions), or for no reason at all and (ii) to remove, suspend or block any User Content. Fount also reserves the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as Fount reasonably believes is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce these Terms & Conditions, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect the rights, property or safety of Fount, its users and the public.
You acknowledge that all User Content are the sole responsibility of the person who made such User Content. This means that you are entirely responsible for all User Content that you post, email or otherwise transmit to the Website, the Mobile and the Services. We do not control the User Content posted, emailed or otherwise transmitted on our Services by others and, as such, we do not guarantee the accuracy, integrity or quality of such User Content. Although we have adopted community standards and conduct guidelines for the users of the Services (as described below), you understand that by using the Services, you may be exposed to User Content that are offensive or objectionable.
FOUNT DISCLAIMS ANY PERCEIVED, IMPLIED OR ACTUAL DUTY TO MONITOR THE USER CONTENT, AND SPECIFICALLY DISCLAIMS ANY RESPONSIBILITY OR LIABILITY FOR INFORMATION PROVIDED HEREIN. UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL WE BE LIABLE IN ANY WAY FOR ANY USER CONTENT (OTHER THAN FOR CONTENT DEVELOPED BY US), INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY USER CONTENT, OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY USER CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED OR OTHERWISE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SERVICES.
13. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE CONTENT
Certain Contents provided in the Website and/or Mobile App include links to websites of third parties (“Third-Party Websites”), some of whom may have established relationships with Fount and some of whom may not. We do not have control over the content and performance of Third-Party Websites.
FOUNT HAS NOT REVIEWED, AND CANNOT REVIEW OR CONTROL, ALL OF THE MATERIAL, INCLUDING COMPUTER SOFTWARE OR OTHER GOODS OR SERVICES, MADE AVAILABLE ON OR THROUGH THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES AND DOES NOT ENDORSE (AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR) ANY CONTENT, ADVERTISING, PRODUCTS, OR OTHER MATERIALS ON OR AVAILABLE FROM SUCH THIRD PARTY WEBSITES. ACCORDINGLY, FOUNT DOES NOT REPRESENT, WARRANT OR ENDORSE ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITE, OR THE ACCURACY, CURRENCY, CONTENT, FITNESS, LAWFULNESS OR QUALITY OF THE INFORMATION MATERIAL, GOODS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES. FOUNT DISCLAIMS, AND YOU AGREE TO ASSUME, ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES OR OTHER HARM, WHETHER TO YOU OR TO THIRD PARTIES, RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON, ANY CONTENT, ADVERTISEMENTS, PRODUCTS OR OTHER RESOURCES AVAILABLE ON ANY THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER WE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY LINK TO SUCH CONTENT, ADVERTISEMENTS, PRODUCTS OR OTHER RESOURCES).
14. COMMUNITY STANDARDS AND CONDUCT GUIDELINES
You agree that you will not (and/or will not use the Website, the Mobile App and/or any part of our Services to):
a. Upload, post, email or otherwise transmit any User Content or other materials that:
(i) are unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, inflammatory, tortious, defamatory, vulgar, libelous, slanderous, discriminatory, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable (in our sole discretion);
(ii) contain adult content, including obscene, pornographic, and/or sexual terms, descriptions and/or images, nudity, profanity or graphic violence;
(iii) incite or encourage criminal or terrorist activities or physical harm against another;
(iv) exploit political agendas or “hot button” issues for commercial use; or that contain hate speech based upon the race, sex, national original, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identify, or language of an individual or group;
(v) are not your own, or that you do not have a right to upload, post, email or otherwise transmit under any law or under contractual or fiduciary relationships (such as insider information, proprietary and confidential information learned or disclosed as part of employment relationships or under nondisclosure agreements);
(vi) infringe upon any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of privacy or publicity or other proprietary rights of any party or that are deceptive, misleading or fraudulent or that may otherwise be unlawful or give rise to civil or criminal liability;
(vii) are unauthorized advertising, promotional materials, “junk mail,” “spam,” “phishing,” “chain letters,” “pyramid schemes,” or any other form of solicitation, opinions or notices, commercial or otherwise;
(viii) contain software viruses, spyware, adware, worms, or any other computer malware or malicious code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer software or hardware or telecommunications equipment;
b. Harm minors in any way, or solicit or otherwise attempt to gain any information from a minor;
c. Advertise or otherwise solicit funds or constitute a solicitation for goods or services;
d. Impersonate any person or entity, including, but not limited to any user of the Services, a director, officer, employee, shareholder, agent or representative of Fount, our Business Customers or any other person or entity, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with Fount. our Business Customers or any other person or entity;
e. Provide false, misleading or inaccurate information to Fount or any other member;
f. Create more than one unique public profile or register for more than one account except as specifically permitted in these Terms & Services, create an account on behalf of someone else, or create a false or misleading identity on the Services;
g. Forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content or other materials transmitted to or through the Services;
h. Attempt to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of the Services or any associated system or network, or breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
i. Use or affect the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair the Services or its functionality, or disrupt the normal flow of dialogue (including, without limitation, “flooding,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing”), or otherwise act in a manner that negatively affects or otherwise diminishes the quality of another user’s experience of the Services;
j. Interfere with or disrupt the Services or servers or networks connected to the Services, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Services;
k. Intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable local, state, national or international law, including, but not limited to, any regulations having the force of law;
l. “Stalk” or otherwise harass another user or employee of the Services;
m. Solicit, collect or post personal data or attempt to solicit, collect or post personal data about other users of the Services, including usernames or passwords;
n. Access or attempt to access another user’s account without his or her consent;
o. Reverse engineer, disassemble or decompile the Mobile App, or attempt to discover or recreate the source code for the Mobile App or any portion of the Services; or
p. Assign, transfer or sublicense your rights as a registered user of the Services.
Your privilege to use the Services (including your ability to contribute to discussions on the Public Forum or communicate with Coaches and/or other users in a Fount Group) depends on your compliance with the community standards and conduct guidelines set forth above. We may revoke your privileges to use all or a portion of the Services and/or take any other appropriate measures to enforce these community standards and conduct guidelines if violations are brought to our attention. Further, if you fail to adhere to our community standards and conduct guidelines, or any part of these Terms & Conditions, we may terminate, in our sole discretion, your use of, or participation in, any Public Forum or the Services. Any violation of this section may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
YOU AGREE AND UNDERSTAND THAT YOU MAY BE HELD LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR DAMAGES SUFFERED BY OTHER MEMBERS OR THIRD PARTIES AS THE RESULT OF YOUR REMARKS, INFORMATION, FEEDBACK OR OTHER CONTENT POSTED OR MADE AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICES (INCLUDING ANY PUBLIC FORUM) THAT IS DEEMED DEFAMATORY OR OTHERWISE LEGALLY ACTIONABLE. UNDER THE FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS DECENCY ACT OF 1996, FOUNT IS NOT LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE, NOR CAN IT BE HELD LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION TO ANY DEFAMATORY OR OTHERWISE LEGALLY ACTIONABLE REMARKS, INFORMATION, FEEDBACK OR OTHER CONTENT POSTED OR MADE AVAILABLE ON THE SERVICES.
15. HEALTH AND MEDICAL SERVICE DISCLAIMER
WE DO NOT PROVIDE PROFESSIONAL MEDICAL SERVICES OR ADVICE. THE SERVICES PROVIDED BY THE WEBSITE AND/OR MOBILE APP DO NOT CONTAIN OR CONSTITUTE, AND SHOULD NOT BE INTERPRETED AS, MEDICAL ADVICE OR OPINION. NO DOCTOR-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP IS CREATED. USE OF THE SERVICES IS NOT FOR MEDICAL EMERGENCIES. IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE A MEDICAL EMERGENCY, CALL 911.
a. No Doctor-Patient Relationship. Any and all services provided by, in and/or through the Services are for informational purposes only. Fount is not a medical professional, and Fount does not provide medical services or render medical advice. Nothing contained in the Services should be construed as such advice or diagnosis. The information and reports generated by us should not be interpreted as a substitute for physician consultation, evaluation, or treatment, and the information made available on or through the Services should not be relied upon when making medical decisions, or to diagnose or treat a medical or health condition. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES DOES NOT CREATE A DOCTOR-PATIENT RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN YOU AND ANY OF THE FOUNT PARTIES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, COACHES) OR ANY OF FOUNT SERVICE USERS).
You are urged and advised to seek the advice of a physician or a medical professional with any questions you may have regarding your health before beginning any wellness or performance regimen, physical activities or any other plans that may be referenced, discussed or offered under the Services. If you are being treated for an illness, taking prescription medication or following a therapeutic diet to treat a disease, it is especially urged to consult with your physician before using the Services. You represent to us (which representation shall be deemed to be made each time you use the Services), that you are not using the Services or participating in any of the activities offered by the Services for purpose of seeking medical attention. You further agree that, before using the services, you shall consult your physician, particularly if you are at risk for problems resulting from exercise, supplements, or changes in your diet. If any information you receive or obtain from using the Services that is inconsistent with the medical advice from your physician, you should follow the advice of your physician.
b. Virtual Coaching Service Disclaimer. If you are a Premium Service user, you have access to personal coaching services (“Virtual Coaching Service”). If you have access to our Virtual Coaching Service, you will be able to interact with a Coach. A Coach will assist his/her users in developing skills to help them achieve their goals. Fount may, in its sole discretion, engage or replace any Coach with another without notice to the Virtual Coaching Service users.
The services provided by our Virtual Coaching Service are not medical, mental health or any other type of health service. Virtual Coaching Service is not psychotherapy or mental health counseling. No diagnosis or treatment of, or advice regarding, any medical or mental health condition or illness will be offered. The Virtual Coaching Service cannot substitute for, and is not an alternative to, medical, psychiatric, psychological, psychotherapy or other healthcare diagnosis and treatment when a medical or mental health condition or illness is present. You are advised to seek diagnosis, treatment and advice regarding medical or mental conditions or illnesses from physicians practicing medicine, psychotherapists, psychologists and other licensed healthcare and mental health professionals.
Fount Groups led by a Coach(es) are designed to provide individuals with education, information and personal support from peers and the group leader regarding your health-related issues and goals. For example, a Business Customer, a healthcare provider, may contract Fount to provide Business Premium Services and ask you to use our Services to track your medical treatments and progress. In such case, your Coach may provide general information about psychological and emotional issues related to health conditions, medical treatments, success stories, and health-related goals in order to help you adhere to the specific regimen prescribed by your physician. However, Coaches are not allowed to use the Virtual Coaching Service to engage in rendering any type of psychological or healthcare advice for any individual or for his or her particular situation. Under no circumstances will any of your interactions with any Coach or any User of the Services be deemed or construed to create a physician-patient relationship or a fiduciary duty of any kind whatsoever. IF FOUNT BECOMES AWARE OF OR SUSPECTS ANY MEDICAL OR MENTAL CONDITIONS OR ILLNESS, FOUNT MAY, AT ITS SOLE DISCRETION, TERMINATE ALL OR ANY PORTION OF THE SERVICES.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH COACHES AND/OR OTHER MEMBERS WHEN USING THE SERVICES.
16. RISK ASSUMPTION; YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHERS ON THE WEBSITES AND/OR MOBILE APPS
FOUNT EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL LIABILITY THAT MAY ARISE FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND PARTICIPATION IN ANY OTHER ACTIVITIES OFFERED IN THE SERVICES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, YOUR PARTICIPATION IN ANY FOUNT GROUP OR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH ANY FACILITATOR OR COACHES. YOU KNOWINGLY AND FREELY ASSUME ALL RISK WHEN USING THE SERVICES.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEMBERS. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND UNDERSTAND THAT FOUNT IS NOT OBLIGATED IN ANY WAY TO (A) SCREEN ITS MEMBERS, (B) INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUNDS OF ITS MEMBERS, OR (C) REVIEW OR VERIFY THE STATEMENTS OF ITS MEMBERS, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION INFORMATION OR REPRESENTATIONS CONTAINED IN PUBLIC PROFILES. YOU HEREBY AGREE TO EXERCISE REASONABLE PRECAUTION IN ALL INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER MEMBERS, PARTICULARLY IF YOU DECIDE TO MEET ANOTHER MEMBER IN PERSON. FOUNT DOES NOT REPRESENT, WARRANT, ENDORSE OR GUARANTEE THE CONDUCT OF ITS MEMBERS OR THEIR COMPATIBILITY WITH YOU.
17. DISCLAIMERS OF WARRANTIES
FOUNT, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF AND ITS AFFILIATES AND ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS, HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES. THE PRODUCTS, OFFERINGS, CONTENT AND MATERIALS PROVIDED IN THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, FOUNT, ON BEHALF OF ITSELF, AND ITS AFFILIATES AND ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS, DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, COMPATIBILITY, SECURITY, ACCURACY OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. NEITHER FOUNT, ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS, LICENSEES, SERVICE PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS WARRANT THAT THE APPLICATIONS OR ANY FUNCTION CONTAINED IN THE APPLICATIONS WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE, THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED, OR THAT THE APPLICATIONS OR THE SERVERS THAT MAKE THE APPLICATIONS AVAILABLE ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
ANY PRODUCT, OFFERING, CONTENT AND MATERIAL DOWNLOADED OR OTHERWISE OBTAINED THROUGH THE USE OF THE SERVICES IS DONE AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND YOU WILL BE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER SYSTEM OR DEVICES OR LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM THE DOWNLOAD OF ANY SUCH PRODUCT, OFFERING, CONTENT OR MATERIAL.
NEITHER FOUNT, ANY OF OUR AFFILIATES, NOR ANY OF OUR OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS, LICENSEES, BUSINESS CUSTOMERS, SERVICE PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS WARRANT OR MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS REGARDING THE USE OR THE RESULTS OF THE USE OF THE PRODUCTS, OFFERINGS, CONTENT AND MATERIALS IN THE SERVICES IN TERMS OF THEIR CORRECTNESS, ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE.
NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM OUR PERSONNEL OR THROUGH THE SERVICES SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY PROVIDED FOR IN THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS.
18. THIRD-PARTY PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND DATA COLLECTION
Certain features, aspects, software products and services offered through the Services are provided, in whole or in part, by third parties (“Third-Party Services” as provided by “Third-Party Service Providers”). In order to use Third-Party Services, you may be required to enter into additional terms and conditions with Third-Party Service Providers. Our Terms & Conditions apply only to the Services, and not to the apps of any other person or entity, and your right to use such Third Party Software as part of the Services is subject to and governed by the terms and conditions of the third party license applicable to such Third-Party Services. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such external sites or resources, and do not endorse (and are not responsible or liable for) any content, advertising, products or other materials on or available from such apps or resources. In the event of a conflict between the terms of these Terms & Conditions and the terms of such third party licenses, the terms of the third party licenses shall control with regard to your use of the relevant Third Party Service.
FOUNT DISCLAIMS, AND YOU AGREE TO ASSUME, ALL RESPONSIBILITY AND LIABILITY FOR ANY DAMAGES OR OTHER HARM, WHETHER TO YOU OR TO THIRD PARTIES, RESULTING FROM (I) YOUR USE OF OR RELIANCE ON, ANY CONTENT, ADVERTISEMENTS, PRODUCTS OR OTHER RESOURCES AVAILABLE ON ANY SUCH SERVICES OR RESOURCES (REGARDLESS OF WHETHER WE DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY LINK TO SUCH CONTENT, ADVERTISEMENTS, PRODUCTS OR OTHER RESOURCES) OR (II) YOUR INFORMATION COLLECTED OR USED BY THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS.
19. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL FOUNT, ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY OTHER DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), ARISING OUT OF, OR RESULTING FROM, (A) THE USE OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICES; (B) THE USE OF ANY CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL ON THE WEBSITE, OUR APPLICATIONS OR APPLICATIONS LINKED TO OUR APPLICATIONS, (C) THE COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS AND SERVICES RESULTING FROM ANY GOODS, DATA, INFORMATION OR SERVICES PURCHASED OR OBTAINED OR MESSAGES RECEIVED OR TRANSACTIONS ENTERED INTO THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICES; (D) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA; (E) STATEMENTS OR CONDUCT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON OUR SERVICES; OR (F) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SERVICES.
YOU, ON BEHALF OF YOURSELF, YOUR PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES AND YOUR HEIRS, HEREBY VOLUNTARILY AGREE TO RELEASE, WAIVE, DISCHARGE, HOLD HARMLESS, DEFEND AND INDEMNIFY FOUNT, ITS AFFILIATES AND ANY OF FOUNT’S AND ITS AFFILIATES’ OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, AFFILIATES, REPRESENTATIVES, SUBLICENSEES, SUCCESSORS AND ASSIGNS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, ACTIONS OR LOSSES FOR BODILY INJURY, PROPERTY DAMAGE, WRONGFUL DEATH, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF SERVICES OR OTHER DAMAGES OR HARM, WHETHER TO YOU OR TO THIRD PARTIES, WHICH MAY RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES.
THE MAXIMUM LIABILITY OF FOUNT AND ITS AFFILIATES AND ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE THIRD-PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS, LICENSORS AND SUPPLIERS TO YOU UNDER ALL CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, AND CAUSES OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE) SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU, IF ANY, FOR ACCESSING OUR SERVICES. IF ANY PORTION OF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY IS FOUND TO BE INVALID, LIABILITY IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. YOU AGREE THAT THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY REPRESENTS A REASONABLE ALLOCATION OF RISK AND IS A FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENT OF THE BASIS OF THE BARGAIN BETWEEN FOUNT AND YOU. THE SERVICES WOULD NOT BE PROVIDED WITHOUT SUCH LIMITATIONS.
ANY CAUSE OF ACTION BY YOU ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE SERVICES, OR THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS MUST BE INSTITUTED WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION AROSE OR BE FOREVER WAIVED AND BARRED. ALL ACTIONS SHALL BE SUBJECT TO THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS & CONDITIONS.
20. INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
a. Software. You acknowledge and agree that the Services and all intellectual property rights associated therewith are, and shall remain, the property of Fount (and, where applicable, its licensors). Furthermore, you acknowledge and agree that the source and object code of the Website and/or Mobile App and the format, directories, queries, algorithms, structure and organization of the Website and/or Mobile App are the intellectual property and proprietary and confidential information of Fount and its affiliates, licensors and suppliers. Except as expressly stated in these Terms & Conditions, you are not granted any intellectual property rights in or to the Services by implication, estoppel or other legal theory, and all rights in and to the Services not expressly granted in these Terms & Conditions are hereby reserved and retained by Fount.
b. Trademarks. Fount, Fount.bio, Kitt Bio, FlyKitt, and the Fount logo (collectively, the “Fount Marks”) are trademarks or registered trademarks of Kitt Bio, Inc. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics, logos and domain names appearing on the Website, Mobile App or in other Content provided to you may be the trademarks of third-parties. Neither your use of the Services, nor these Terms & Conditions, grant you any right, title or interest in or to, or any license to reproduce or otherwise use, the Fount Marks or any third-party trademarks, service marks, graphics, logos or domain names. You agree that any goodwill in the Fount Marks generated as a result of your use of the Services will inure to the benefit of Kitt Bio, Inc., and you agree to assign, and hereby do assign, all such goodwill to Kitt Bio, Inc. You shall not at any time, nor shall you assist others to, challenge Fount’s right, title, or interest in or to, or the validity of, the Fount Marks.
c. Copyrighted Materials; Copyright Notice. All content and other materials available through the Services, including without limitation the Fount logo, design, text, graphics, and other files, and the selection, arrangement and organization thereof, are either owned by Fount or are the property of Fount’s licensors and suppliers. Except as explicitly provided, neither your use of the Services nor these Terms & Conditions grant you any right, title or interest in or to any such content or materials.
d. Copyright Complaints. We respect the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. We may, in appropriate circumstances and in our discretion, terminate the rights of any user to use our Services (or any part thereof) who infringes the intellectual property rights of others. The Digital Millennium Copyright Act of 1998 (the “DMCA”) provides recourse for copyright owners who believe that material appearing on the Internet infringes their rights under U.S. copyright law. If you have evidence, know, or have a good faith belief that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement or are aware of someone doing so, please contact us and include the following information:
(i) a physical or electronic signature of the owner of the copyright or a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner;
(ii) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed (or if multiple copyrighted works located on the Website and/or Mobile App are covered by a single notification, a representative list of such works);
(iii) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or the subject of infringing activity, and information reasonably sufficient to allow us to locate the material on our Website and/or Mobile App;
(iv) your name, mailing address, telephone number and email address;
(v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law; and
(vi) a statement by you that the information in your notification is accurate, and that you attest under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or that you are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
If you believe in good faith that a notice of copyright infringement has been wrongly filed against you, the DMCA permits you to send us a counter-notice. Notices and counter-notices with respect to the Services should be sent to our designated agent for notice of claims of copyright infringement: Kitt Bio, Inc., Attn: Legal, 10000 Washington Blvd FL 6, Culver City, CA 90232 or via email at email@example.com.
Without limiting any indemnification provisions of these Terms & Conditions, you agree to indemnify, hold harmless and, at our option, defend Fount and our affiliates, and our and their respective officers, directors, members, employees, stockholders, managers, agents and representatives (collectively, “Fount Indemnified Parties”) from any and all third party claims, actions, demands, causes of action, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable attorneys’ fees and expenses) (collectively, “Claims”) arising from (i) your improper use of the Services or our products or offerings, (ii) your violation of these Terms & Conditions, (iii) your provision to Fount or any of the Indemnified Parties of information or other data, (iv) your infringement or alleged infringement, or the infringement or use (or alleged infringement or alleged use) by any other user of your account, of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity, or (v) your violation or alleged violation of any foreign or domestic, federal, state or local law or regulation.
The Indemnified Parties will have the right, but not the obligation, to participate through counsel of their choice in any defense by you of any Claim as to which you are required to defend, indemnify or hold harmless the Indemnified Parties. You may not settle any Claim without the prior written consent of the concerned Indemnified Parties.
22. GOVERNING LAW AND VENUE
These Terms & Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without giving effect to any principles of conflicts of law. You agree that any action at law or in equity arising out of or relating to your use of the Services or these Terms & Conditions shall be filed only in the state or federal courts located in Los Angeles County in the State of California and you hereby consent and submit to the personal jurisdiction of such courts for the purposes of litigating any such action.
23. TERM AND TERMINATION
a. Termination. These Terms & Conditions will remain in full force and effect while you use our Services (including our Website and Mobile Apps). We may terminate your use of, or access to, the Service in accordance with these Terms & Conditions.
b. Effect of Termination; Survival. Termination of these Terms & Conditions automatically terminates all rights and licenses granted to you under these Terms & Conditions, including all rights to use the Services, except that all terms that by their nature may survive termination shall be deemed to survive such termination (including, without limitation, intellectual property, disclaimers, limitations of liability, User Content license, governing law and venue). Subsequent to termination, Fount reserves the right to exercise whatever means it deems necessary to prevent your unauthorized use of the Services, including without limitation technological barriers such as IP blocking and direct contact with your Internet Service Provider.
c. Legal Action. If we, in our sole discretion, take legal action against you in connection with any actual or suspected breach of these Terms & Conditions, we will be entitled to recover from you as part of such legal action, and you agree to pay, our reasonable costs and attorneys’ fees incurred as a result of such legal action. The Fount Parties will have no legal obligation or other liability to you or to any third party arising out of or relating to any termination of these Terms & Conditions.
24. DATA CONSENT AND RELEASE
In order for Kitt Bio, Inc d/b/a Fount “Fount” to analyze and visualize my data, provide recommendations, and to provide any other services Fount offers through a coach, app, website, or other means (“Fount Services”), I authorize my health, wellness, medical, psychological, and billing data (“Wellness-Related Data”) to be shared with Fount and its affiliates by any service or provider (1) I engage through Fount to collect that data, to include companies I purchase or acquire services through using a Fount-specific code on checkout or through which Fount orders on my behalf at my verbal or written direction, including laboratory data collected via partners, such as Direct Labs, InsideTracker, and others, (2) that I authenticate to in order to connect services or share data with Fount through a Fount app or website or a 3rd party app or website, (3) any service or provider I direct in writing to share data with Fount.
Fount will not release this information to anyone outside of Fount and its affiliates without your consent. Fount’s affiliates include services that Fount uses to facilitate the provision of Fount Services, including, but not limited to API services, such as Terra, productivity apps, such as Google Workspace apps, form apps, such as Paperform, visualization apps, cloud storage and computation, such as Amazon Web Services, and others. Fount will ensure it has agreements in place with any affiliates that may have access to your data that provide for commercially reasonable protection of your data and restrict those affiliates from using the data other than to enable Fount to provide the Fount Services.
I also authorize Fount to review, visualize, use as training data, use as training materials, use for administrative and billing purposes, and otherwise analyze any such Wellness-Related Data shared with Fount, as well as any data I input into a Fount website, form, or app directly or any assessments I complete on a Fount website, form, or app. Any analyses solely of your data will not be shared outside of Fount or its affiliates, except when providing Fount Services directly to you or in aggregated, deidentified formats. I expressly authorize Fount to use my data to train any algorithms or models, including machine learning or artificial intelligence models, that may be used to provide insights to others, which I agree will not constitute release of my Wellness-Related Data when the training data contains data from at least one other individual besides myself.
I understand I have the right to revoke my permission at any time and that this permission remains in effect until the time I revoke it in writing. However, Fount may keep any data it has received until such time as you request it be deleted. You may request that data Fount has received under this permission be deleted by deleting your Fount account and emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a request that your data be deleted. I understand, however, that to the extent that my data has been used to train machine learning or artificial intelligence algorithms, I consent to the use of these algorithms in perpetuity, as modified by interaction with my and others’ training data in the past, present, or future.
I understand that neither Fount nor its affiliates, including any ordering physicians, will analyze, evaluate, critique or otherwise interpret the results of any tests collected in connection with the Fount Services or provided to Fount to provide medical services, medical diagnoses, or medical treatments. I understand that it is my responsibility to consult my own medical doctor for interpretation, analysis, evaluation, and explanation of any tests for medical purposes or to understand if medical services may be required. FOUNT DOES NOT PROVIDE MEDICAL SERVICES OR DIAGNOSE, TREAT, OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE. I agree that Fount, its officers, shareholders, directors, or its other agents, employees, and affiliates shall not be liable for any claims including, but not limited to, any claim arising out of or related to, inaccurate results, misinterpreted results, or results or analyses not received and do hereby expressly forever release and discharge all claims, demands, injuries, damage, actions or causes of action.
I certify that I will not seek to be reimbursed by Medicare, Medicaid, Tricare or any other government or private insurer/payer for any test ordered through Fount. I agree that I am personally financially responsible for payment of fees for all tests ordered and collected by Fount at my request. I understand that the tests performed through Fount are done at my request and Fount is only facilitating your request.
I also understand that any actual testing will be performed by a third-party laboratory. I understand and agree that I may receive the results of testing directly. Should I wish that data to be shared with my physician or any health professional, it is my responsibility to do so. Should I request Fount to share data with my health professional, Fount may, at its sole discretion, choose to share the data or not to share the data. I understand that this does not restrict me from providing such data. Should Fount provide the data, I consent and authorize that such disclosure may be made by fax, by mail, by electronic means, or by direct pick-up or drop off. I understand and agree that the services provided by Fount and test results will be maintained as confidential information as required by Federal or State law and that my test results will only be provided to other third parties upon my express consent, except as allowed by this agreement.
I understand that the test results may become part of my medical record. I also understand that an insurance company may discover the results of this testing by obtaining a copy of my medical record in accordance with the terms of any insurance policies I hold. If you believe that information in your Fount records is incorrect or incomplete, you have the right to ask us to correct the existing information or add missing information. Under certain circumstances, we may deny your request, such as when Fount believes the information held by it is accurate and complete or when Fount has reason to believe that the information you are providing as correction or addition is inaccurate.
25. MISCELLANEOUS TERMS
If any provision of these terms shall be found by a court of competent jurisdiction to be unlawful, invalid, void or voidable, or for any reason unenforceable, then that provision shall be deemed severable from these terms and shall not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions. These Terms & Conditions are the entire agreement between you and us relating to the subject matter herein. We may assign our rights and obligations under these Terms & Conditions. These Terms & Conditions will inure to the benefit of our successors, assigns and licensees. The failure of either party to insist upon or enforce the strict performance of the other party with respect to any provision of these Terms & Conditions, or to exercise any right under the Terms & Conditions, will not be construed as a waiver or relinquishment to any extent of such party’s right to assert or rely upon any such provision or right in that or any other instance; rather, the same will be and remain in full force and effect.
26. RESEARCH POLICY
We are committed to validating our approach to optimizing performance using science. We never sell any of your information without your prior written authorization and publish only aggregated data.
By using our services, you are consenting to any or all of Fount’s current studies listed below:
1. None at present
You have the right to opt-out of research. If you would not like your information used in our studies, please email email@example.com
Last Updated: April 9, 2021
Fount Subscription Terms and Conditions
By purchasing a Fount subscription, you (hereinafter designated as “Client”) agree to the following terms and conditions with KITT BIO, INC dba Fount (“Consultant” or “Kitt Bio”), a Delaware corporation having an address at 10000 Washington Blvd, Sixth FL, Culver City, CA 90232.
1. Services. Client hereby retains Consultant to perform those services described as the Fount Pro Program on the Fount website www.fount.bio and hereto as requested and directed by Client during the term of this Agreement, and Consultant agrees to perform such services (“Services”).
2. Term. This Agreement shall commence on the date the client completes their subscription checkout process and shall remain in effect until the end of the Subscription Period in which the client requests a termination of their subscription. The end of the Subscription Period is defined as the end of the services period indicated in the subscription checkout process or, if on a month-to-month plan after the completion of a subscription period, the date that the next subscription payment would be due.
3. Non-Responsive Client. If Client fails to respond to Consultant inquiries, whether sent through e-mail or via telephone calls, for a period of 6 consecutive weeks, Consultant may terminate the contract at its sole discretion without need to notify Client immediately. If Consultant chooses to terminate the contract under this circumstance, Consultant will be due full compensation for all the services outlined in as the Fount Pro Program on the Fount website www.fount.bio, regardless of the total proportion of Services rendered to that point. Either party may terminate this Agreement in the event the other party (i) is in breach or default hereunder and fails to cure the same within ten (10) days of receiving written notice thereof from the other party, or (ii) becomes subject to any proceeding under state or federal law for the relief of debtors or otherwise become insolvent, or bankrupt, or makes assignments for the benefit of creditors. In the event of any termination, Client shall pay Consultant for all Services performed to the date of termination including, without limitation, payment for any work in process on a percentage completion basis.
4. Payment. Client agrees to pay Consultant for performance of the Services at the rate set forth during the subscription checkout process, billed as indicated in the subscription checkout process, or, if not specified, within thirty (30) days from Consultant’s invoice date. If subscription payments are not successful, invoices shall be submitted to the Client by email on a monthly basis. Late payments shall be subject to a late fee equal to the lower of (i) one and one-half percent (1.5%) per month on the outstanding balance, and (ii) the highest rate allowed by law. In the event Consultant initiates any action to enforce this Agreement and/or collect outstanding fees or reimbursements, Client will reimburse Consultant for all costs of collection and enforcement including, without limitation, attorney’s fees.
5. Plan Continuation. When Client completes an initial subscription period and does not notify Fount that they wish to discontinue their subscription, Fount will continue billing Client on a month-to-month basis at the same rate they were previously charged until Client notifies Fount they wish to terminate their subscription.
6. Relationship of the Parties. It is understood and agreed that Consultant is not an employee of Client. This Agreement shall not be construed to form a partnership between the parties nor to create any form of employment relationship or any legal association that would impose liability upon one party for the act or failure to act of the other party. It is also expressly understood that neither Consultant nor Consultant’s employees and agents, if any, are agents or employees of Client, and have no authority whatsoever to bind Client by contract or otherwise. Consultant acknowledges and agrees that it shall be the obligation of Consultant to report as income all compensation received by Consultant pursuant to this Agreement, and Consultant agrees to indemnify Client and hold it harmless to the extent of any obligation imposed on Client to pay any withholding taxes, social security, unemployment, or disability insurance, or similar items in connection with any payments made to Consultant by Client pursuant to this Agreement. Neither Consultant nor Consultant’s employees or agents, if any, shall be entitled to participate in any plans, arrangements, or distributions by Client pertaining to any bonuses, stock options, profit sharing, insurance, or similar benefits for Client employees.
7. Non-Solicitation. Client shall not solicit employees of Consultant to undertake employment with it, its parent company, or any subsidiary or any affiliated company, nor shall Client hire or otherwise engage such employees, in each case during the performance of this Agreement and for a period of one year thereafter.
8. Intellectual Property. The parties agree that all ideas, know-how, methods, processes, information, documents, models, inventions, plans, copyrightable material and other tangible and intangible materials used, authored, prepared, created, delivered, conceived or reduced to practice, in whole or in part, by Consultant in the course of providing the Services, including without limitation instructional and educational materials, presentations, performance plans, data and documentation (collectively, the “Consultant Materials”) shall be and remain the sole property of Consultant provided, however, that Consultant hereby grants to Client a non-exclusive, non-transferable, fully paid, license to use the Consultant Materials as reasonably necessary in order for Client to use the Services as intended by this Agreement for the duration of this agreement, with the exception of programs specifically designated as for one-time use, for which the license only grants the right to use the plan a single time and only during the duration of this agreement. In addition, the techniques, processes, forms, and general business and industry knowledge and information utilized by Consultant in performing the Services and developing the deliverables (collectively, the “Industry Background Materials”) shall remain the property of Consultant, including such techniques, methods, processes, forms, knowledge and information developed or acquired by Consultant during the course of performing this Agreement.
9. Client Data Protection. Each party to this agreement has reasonably determined that the provision of Confidential Client Data by Client will be of mutual benefit to the parties in the conduct of the Services. In consideration of receipt of such Confidential Client Data and the mutual promises made herein, Consultant and Client agree as follows: (a) The term “Confidential Client Data” means information and data relating to the Client’s business and personal life which is disclosed during the term of the Consulting Agreement, in whatever form such information may be disclosed, including without limitation: information about diet, exercise, nutrition, relationships, family, lifestyle choices, test results, physiological information, and business performance. (b) Confidential Client Data shall not include information which Consultant can prove: (i) that as of the time of receipt by Consultant is in the public domain or subsequently enters the public domain without breach of this Agreement by Consultant; (ii) that as of the time of receipt by Consultant, Consultant is able to demonstrate that it is already known to or in the possession of Consultant; (iii) is independently developed by or for Consultant as evidenced by Consultant’s own files and records; (iv) is received in good faith by Consultant from a third party that was lawfully in possession of the information; (v) is disclosed to third parties by the disclosing party on a non-confidential basis; or (vi) that the Parties mutually agree in writing to release from the terms of this Agreement. (c) Consultant agrees that any Confidential Client Data received from Client: (i) may only be disclosed within Kitt Bio on a “need-to-know” basis to persons who have been advised of the existence of this Agreement and agree to be bound by its terms and (ii) will be treated with at least the same degree of care as Consultant treats its own Confidential Information, but in no event less than a reasonable degree of care. (d) Consultant agrees to use and maintain commercially available encryption and antivirus software on computers which store Confidential Client Data and to use strong passwords for those computers and any cloud storage, which Client deems a reasonable degree of care and due care against physical or electronic intrusion and theft, or ‘hacking.’ (e) Client agrees that Consultant may use email and cloud storage in the process of performing Services with Client, including to convey and store Confidential Client Data, unless Client expressly requests in writing that Consultant not use email or cloud storage. Like many businesses, Consultant currently utilizes Google’s and Microsoft’s cloud services, although this may change without notice. (f) In the event Consultant receives a subpoena or other validly issued administrative or judicial process demanding Confidential Client Data of Client, Consultant shall promptly provide Client with notice of these requests or requirements before making a disclosure so that Client may seek an appropriate protective order or other appropriate remedy; and provide reasonable assistance to Client in obtaining any protective order. If a protective order or other remedy is not obtained or Client grants a waiver under this agreement, Consultant may furnish that portion (and only that portion) of the Confidential Information that Consultant is legally compelled or otherwise required to disclose. (g) Consultant shall maintain the confidentiality and security of Confidential Client Data until such time as all Confidential Client Data disclosed under this agreement becomes publicly known or is made generally available through no action or inaction of the Consultant.
10. Confidential Information. Each party to this agreement has reasonably determined that the provision of Consultant’s Confidential Information will be of mutual benefit to the parties in the conduct of the Services. In consideration of receipt of such Confidential Information and the mutual promises made herein, Consultant and Client agree as follows: (a) The term “Confidential Information” means Consultant Materials and Industry Background Materials as defined in Section 6. (b) Confidential Information shall not include information which the Client can prove (i) that as of the time of receipt by the Client is in the public domain or subsequently enters the public domain without breach of this Agreement by the Client; (ii) that as of the time of receipt by the Client, Client is able to demonstrate that it is already in the possession of the Client; (iii) is independently developed by or for the Client as evidenced by the Client’s own files and records; (iv) is received in good faith by the Client from a third party that was lawfully in possession of the information; or (v) that Consultant agrees in writing to release from the terms of this Agreement. (c) The Client agrees that any Confidential Information received from Consultant: (i) will be treated as confidential, held in strictest confidence, and not disclosed to any person, firm, or corporation without the prior written authorization of Consultant; (ii) shall not be used in any way, except to use the Services outlined in this agreement or to fulfill the obligations of this agreement; (iii) will be copied only to the extent necessary for the purpose of the Services; and (iv) will be treated with at least the same degree of care as Client treats its own confidential or proprietary Information, but in no event shall use less than due care and diligence to prevent the unauthorized use or disclosure of such information. (d) In the event Client receives a subpoena or other validly issued administrative or judicial process demanding Confidential Information of Consultant, the Client shall promptly provide Consultant with notice of these requests or requirements before making a disclosure so that Consultant may seek an appropriate protective order or other appropriate remedy; and provide reasonable assistance to Consultant in obtaining any protective order. If a protective order or other remedy is not obtained or Consultant grants a waiver under this agreement, Client may furnish that portion (and only that portion) of the Confidential Information that, in the written opinion of counsel reasonably acceptable to Consultant, Client is legally compelled or otherwise required to disclose. However, the Client shall make reasonable efforts to obtain reliable assurance that confidential treatment will be accorded to any part of the Confidential Information disclosed in this way. (e) The Consultant and Company shall maintain the confidentiality and security of the Confidential Information until such time as all Confidential Information disclosed under this agreement becomes publicly known and is made generally available through no action or inaction of the Client. Money damages may not be a sufficient remedy for any breach of this section by the Client and, in addition to all other remedies, Consultant may seek (and may be entitled to) as a result of such breach, specific performance and injunctive or other equitable relief as a remedy.
11. Professional Standards. (a) Consultant warrants that the Services will be provided in a good and workmanlike manner, will be performed by qualified personnel as determined by their knowledge of the subject matter. In the event of a breach of this warranty, Customer’s sole remedy shall be for Consultant to re-perform the non-conforming Services or, in the event that Consultant determines that it cannot repair such Services or deliverables, a refund of all amounts paid by Client for the non-conforming Services or deliverables. EXCEPT FOR THE EXPRESS WARRANTY SET FORTH ABOVE, ALL SERVICES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. CONSULTANT EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, STATUTORY OR OTHERWISE INCLUDING THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR USE, NON-INFRINGEMENT OR ANY WARRANTY ARISING OUT OF A COURSE OF PERFORMANCE. CONSULTANT DOES NOT WARRANT THE RESULT OF ANY SERVICES. CONSULTANT EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS RESPONSIBILITY FOR THIRD PARTY INFORMATION, MATERIALS OR PRODUCTS REGARDLESS OF WHETHER CONSULTANT MAY HAVE USED SUCH THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS OR PROVIDED ANY INFORMATION, RECOMMENDATION OR OPINION WITH RESPECT THERETO IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICES. (b) It is expressly understood and agreed that the information, materials, documents, and data provided by Consultant as part of the Services are intended for educational purposes only. They are not intended and should not be construed as the delivery of specific medical care or advice. Persons requiring diagnosis or treatment for a specific illness should consult their personal physician. Individuals requiring specific nutrition advice should consult directly with a registered dietitian who can best advise them on matters of their nutritional status based on their medical history, family medical history, medication history and information about their specific nutrition needs. (c) Client agrees, and agrees to advise each person within its organization that may receive the Services, of the following: (i) that it and they must seek the advice of its or their physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new diet or treatment and with any questions it or they may have regarding nutrition, health, a medical condition, food, beverage, product, supplement, nutrient or drug-nutrient interaction; (ii) the information materials, documents, and data provided by Consultant as part of the Services is based on current published research and is general nutrition information and does not necessarily take into account any person’s particular health status, nor is it a substitute for personal medical care; and (iii) advice and/or recommendations about a specific product are not an endorsement of that particular product. Nutritional supplements with a scientific basis in published research may be recommended, however food is the preferable carrier of nutrients in most instances. Information about health matters changes constantly as new studies are done and new treatments are discovered. The date new information is posted will reflect the currency of the information. (d) IN NO EVENT SHALL CONSULTANT BE LIABLE TO CLIENT, ANY OF CLIENT’S EMPLOYEES, OR ANY PERSON TO WHOM THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED HEREUNDER FOR INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES EVEN IF CONSULTANT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. CONSULTANT’S AGGREGATE LIABILITY FOR ANY ACTIONS OR CLAIMS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT SHALL NOT EXCEED THE AGGREGATE AMOUNTS PAID TO CONSULTANT BY CLIENT HEREUNDER. Client acknowledges that the limitation of liabilities and disclaimers of warranty contained herein constitute an agreed upon allocation of risk between the parties, have been factored into Consultant’s pricing of the Services, and are an essential element of the bargain between the parties. (e) Client agrees to indemnify, defend and save Consultant harmless from any and all cost, loss, liability or expense arising from claims or actions that may be made against Consultant by Client or personnel or individuals within Client’s organization.
12. Text Messaging. Client agrees to receive text messages until 36 hours after such time as Client opts out of text messaging by communicating this choice to Consultant by email.
13. Minor Children. Should Client choose to include minor children in their program or to provide programs for minor children, Client hereby approves and provides consent for the participation of the minor children and further agrees to consult a qualified pediatrician before engaging Consultant to provide Services for minor children.
14. Notices. Any notice required to be given hereunder shall be deemed to have been sufficiently given either when served personally, when sent by first class mail addressed to the parties at the addresses set forth above, or upon electronic confirmation of receipt when sent via electronic mail.
15. Choice of Law; Venue. Irrespective of the place of performance, this Agreement will be construed and interpreted according to the laws of the State of California. The exclusive jurisdiction for the resolution or prosecution of any claim, controversy, or dispute arising hereunder is and shall be in the federal or state courts in and for Los Angeles County, CA.
16. Mergers and Acquisitions. In the event that Kitt Bio merges with another legal entity or is acquired by another legal entity, Client agrees that Consultant can transfer the rights and responsibilities of this Agreement to the surviving legal entity, including the ability to use data as set out in this Agreement, and Client agrees to treat this Agreement as between Client and the surviving legal entity.
17. Complete Agreement. This Agreement, together with all attachments hereto, is the complete understanding between Consultant and Client, and it supersedes all prior written and oral agreements and understandings concerning the subject matter set forth herein. Any additions, deletions or differences in the terms proposed by the Client are objected to and hereby rejected unless Consultant agrees in writing. This Agreement sets forth the entire understanding of the parties with respect to the subject matter, and is intended as a complete and exclusive statement of the agreement between the parties. No waiver or modification of any provision of the Agreement shall arise or be valid unless made in writing and duly executed by each party’s properly designated representative.
“Fount’s consultation was a huge value-add for my health. They took the time to understand my unique circumstances and provided practical strategies that I could implement immediately. Their program is unparalleled.” – Sarah D.
I’ve been on the Fount Pro program for about a year and a half, and it’s been a complete game-changer. They discovered and fixed my anemia; got my B-12, omega-3, testosterone, and fasting blood sugar in line; and gave me my energy back.
Make between 1 and 3 choices.
Fount’s program takes into account the whole person, living a very real life with competing demands and complexities. With Fount, I’ve been able to build my business, be there for my kids, and train more efficiently and intensively, all while bringing my stress down substantially.
Make between 1 and 3 choices.
CEO Andrew Herr was awarded the coveted US Army Mad Scientist award, not once, but twice.
My husband and I started working with Fount when we decided that we wanted to be parents. My hormone levels were out of balance, and I wanted to focus on health and fertility.
Our Fount team gave us so much support… I felt very good during my pregnancy, no inflammation, good energy, and secure!
My outcomes included reducing my inflammation and anxiety, faster workout recovery, the deepest sleep I’ve had in years, and to my shock, discovering a potentially dangerous issue, and quickly resolving it in weeks.
The Fount program absolutely changed my life. It’s beyond the expectations I had when I started, and I had very high expectations. I feel better than I have in the last 20 years!
Book your complimentary session with a Fount expert. You’ll get more personalized health and performance insights than you’ve ever received at a doctor’s visit.